Sunday 5 February 2012

Turning experiences into careers . . .

Losing a job I was never that passionate about has really fuelled my desire to find a career that I find worth-while and rewarding, but also uses my experience as a patient to benefit others.
Some-thing that I feel is missing and much needed in the NHS is a well being role - to counsel people with long term conditions, help them manage being a patient (i.e. the practicalities of getting through the NHS system), looking at and supporting self-care with mental health work, nutrition, independent living and lifestyle adjustments, and informing the patient of all the support groups, networks, charities, organisations and strategies out there to help them!
Change is always going to be greater and longer lasting if it comes from inside the individual them selves - empowering patients to do that would be so rewarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment