Wednesday 16 May 2012

Alexander Technique

Worried about tension building up in my neck because of the tensing I now subconsciously do to 'protect' my neck following diagnosis of structural abnormalities in that region, I have started having sessions on Alexander Technique.

I enjoyed my first session, it was relaxing, and I left feeling impressed. It was not draining having to recount my story (I normally find this very difficult!) - it just felt like a chat with a friend rather than the usual grilling and barrage of questions! Good question asking technique makes the consultation feel effortless!

One thing that really stood out was that on hearing my story the teacher quickly asked about my emotion well-being - something highly refreshing for a patient used to the physical focus of mainstream medical professionals!


No comments:

Post a Comment