Wednesday 15 May 2013

Getting back on my feet

As I knew I would be, I am paying the price with a relapse, having spend a wonderful few days in Paris. But having had a very active few days and a bit of travelling, this relapse is lasting longer than normal. Still not out of the ordinary, or any cause for concern, but I am sitting here thinking how I can going to keep going through it, get back on my feet and feel recharged at the end...



One thing that is sure to recharge me is stories of hope. This weekend was timed perfectly with Melanie Reid (one of my all time heros) writing a particularly positive article in her Spinal Column in the Saturday Times Magazine. Her 'ten reasons to be cheerful' reminded me when I most needed it, that there is always something to be cheerful and grateful for. When you live with fatigue, feeling physically recharged can be a challenge, but with articles from people like Melanie Reid and blogs like Brain Lesion and Me and Being a Patient only a click or two away, I can focus on recharging mentally. Luckily, I have very support group of fellow #spoonies on Twitter, like @AishaJemima who I can always rely on to make smile!

Getting back on my feet is more problematic - my relapses consist of me loosing movement in my legs and only able to shuffle around the house with. Zimmer frame. But as someone with POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome), I have been advised to consume lots of salt, and I find salt in this particular form always recharges me ....
This post is for the May edition of Patients for a Moment, which is hosted by Duncan Cross


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1 comment:

  1. The Industrial Wastewater Treatment Market size is expected to grow from USD 11.3 billion in 2019 to USD 15.0 billion by 2024, at a CAGR of 5.8%. The requirement of a safe working environment in industrial facilities is also boosting the demand for industrial wastewater treatment. Power generation is the largest as well as the fastest-growing end-use industry of industrial wastewater treatment, where clean water is an essential component for electricity generation. The rapidly growing population and urbanization along with changing lifestyle have resulted in increasing per capita power consumption.

    ReplyDelete